Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Beach food!

My boyfriend and I traversed to the beach yesterday, and I insisted upon packing food for our trip.

No pictures of that unfortunately, but I packed us crackers with my favorite Sabra hummus, a nutella and organic peanut butter sandwich for him, a organic peanut butter and Crofter's fruit spread sandwich for me, peaches, and plenty of water.

We ate that and were hungry later on, so we ventured to one of our favorite restaurants: Mellow Mushroom. Yay!

He ordered a 10-inch white pizza for himself, while I opted for the half tempeh hoagie:

One word for this hoagie: perfection. Tempeh has been on my list of things to try for a while now, and what better place to try it than at Mellow Mushroom? It was tender and very meat-like; the taste of soy was very, very subtle. Whatever they marinated the tempeh in (I'm going to guess teriyaki) seriously did it justice. Combined with the grilled vegetables, saltiness of the feta cheese, and light pesto mayo, it was truly satisfying. The only thing disappointing was that they left off the sprouts. I was looking forward to those. Ohhh well.

This has nothing to do with my trip to the beach yesterday, but today I tried out Chobani's Pomegranate greek yogurt. I'll take Oiko's over Chobani almost any day, but this yogurt made me re-evaluate that decision.



I've only been able to find pomegranate at one particular grocery store in my city, and it's one that I absolutely detest, but with a 5/$5 deal, I simply couldn't turn down a visit. =]

Basically, not even going to lie, this tastes EXACTLY like the Trix yogurt of my youth. This is going to be a staple flavor from now on. It's right up there with my favorites: Oiko's honey and Oiko's caramel. Yummm. The only thing that was sort of odd was the pomegranate arils at the bottom, but I guess you can't have something pomegranate flavored without those. ;]

1 comment:

  1. I love the beach!!!! ((and packing yummy food to eat there. :) ) The honey oikos is one of my faves too..but lately i've been just buying plain and adding my own raw honey...works just as good. :)..I've only tried the chobani plain yogurt (with my own added honey) ..but this flavor looks AWESOME> :)

    ReplyDelete