Friday, April 16, 2010

TGIF.

Finally, it's Friday. After a long week I'm ready for the reprieve the weekend brings.
Friday is also the day I kind of let loose a little and splurge on my eating. I typically go out with my best friend to get appetizers at a good restaurant around town. Tonight I was supposed to spend time with my boyfriend, but he can't get out of his house, so my sister and I are going to get sushi instead. =]

Last night's dinner:












Salad, chicken farfalle + spinach, and asparagus.

The asparagus was definitely my favorite part. This was actually only the second time I've eaten asparagus, and I love it:
















So easy to prepare, too. Just snap the ends off, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, and bake.

This mornings breakfast was simple but very filling:














Lemon Larabar and caramel Oikos. I've never had the Lemon flavor of Larabar before, and I was totally pleased. And caramel Oikos is my all time favorite flavor...totally satisfying...I've got a huge sweet tooth.


Lunch!














As you can see I'm a huge bar fan...teeheehee....Amazing Grass Green Superfood bars are at the tippy top of my list, however. I bought one on impulse about two months ago, and I didn't have high expectations...figured it would be gritty and perhaps dirt-flavored. The EXACT opposite is true. It's got such a smooth texture and all you can taste is chocolate, nuttiness, and frutiness, and it's amazingly healthy to boot. Mmmm. Along with the bar I had squeezable apple sauce, which is such an interesting concept. Mess-free and delicious, though. I also had a falafel salad. I definitely want to learn how to make my own falafel, but for now I buy it frozen and simply microwave them. The falafel went on top of a bed of spinach and was drizzled with pomegranate raspberry dressing. Such a great explosion of flavor.
I'm off to get sushi...pics of that later. ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment